Instructions on Stay Permit and renewal for Foreigners

Instructions on Stay Permit and renewal for Foreigners


 I Application Eligibility

1. Visa exemption foreigners who need to stay overtime in Beijing fo non-diplomatic or official reasons;

   Foreigners with an ordinary passport and an APEC Business Travel Card who enters china without a visa and needs to stay in china for over 60 days for medical and urgent business purpose.

2. The purpose of the residence ends (for example for work or study),and the foreigners needs to stay in Beijing for humanitarian reasons.

3. Foreign new-born baby in Beijing needs to stay.

4.People who renounce Chinese nationality and need to stay in Beijing.

5.0ther situations for stay permit application.


Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement

1. Valid passport or other international travelling documents.

2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT /

RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.

3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant provided by the local police station or hotel of present residence.

4. Foreign nationals without visa should provide relevant proof documents in line with F.Q2.52. L.M. X2 visa application according to their respective purpose of stay. Foreign nationals with an APEC Business Travel Card should provide relevant proofs and documents according to their urgent purpose for stay.

5. Foreign nationals whose purpose of stay already ends but stills needs to stay for humanitarian reasons should submit the stay permit and other relevant proofs and documents (for examole,if the job or study is finished,the applicant should submit job or study completion proof as well as an application letter stating the details of the situation).

6.For new-born baby,submit birth document,passport and parents’ passports.

7.For renunciation of Chinese nationality submit Renunciation Certificate of Chinese Nationality and documents related to the purpose of stay.

8.Other supporting materials that the Exit And Entry Administration Department requires.


 Timeline for Application

1.Foreigners with APEC card can apply for stay permit of less than 30 days.

2.Foreign nationals whose purpose of stay already ends can apply for stay permit of less than 30 days.

3.Babies born in China can apply for stay permit of the same validity term as their parents.

4.Applicants who have already renounced Chinese nationality can apply for stay permit of less than 180 days.

5.Other situations, foreigners can apply for stay permit of less than 180 days according to their purpose.


Points for Attention

1.The applicant shall go through a face-ta-face interview .However,for applicants who are aged under 16 or above 60,or inconvenient to travel due to disability, the host person ,or the applicant’s relatives , or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee’s ID is required).Nonetheless,if the Exit And Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant the an interview is necessary. The applicant must go through the interview personally.

2.For the above-stated materials,the original documents need to be vierified ,and submit the copies.

3.Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.

4.Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China’s household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration .The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department consider it necessary.

5.Foreigners under 18 who submit the application fo the first time in China must submit their birth certificates,passports of parents and overseas residence certification.

6.Relevant rules please refer to NO.23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.